Wednesday, April 27, 2016





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: A Torch Against the Night
Author: Sabaa Tahir
Series: An Ember in the Ashes, book #2
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: August 30, 2016

Add to Goodreads
A Torch Against the Night takes readers into the heart of the Empire as Laia and Elias fight their way north to liberate Laia’s brother from the horrors of Kauf Prison. Hunted by Empire soldiers, manipulated by the Commandant, and haunted by their pasts, Laia and Elias must outfox their enemies and confront the treacherousness of their own hearts.

In the city of Serra, Helene Aquilla finds herself bound to the will of the Empire’s twisted new leader, Marcus. When her loyalty is questioned, Helene finds herself taking on a mission to prove herself—a mission that might destroy her, instead.

I think I was out sick the day this cover and excerpt were revealed, but that doesn't lessen my excitement for this sequel. I do wish this cover was more in keeping with that of the hardcover for the first book, but it's not bad by any means. Also, I'm pretty excited now that I know I was pronouncing Laia's name incorrectly the whole time I was reading Ember. That's the beauty of meeting the author on tour...besides the fact that she was really funny and snarky. =) I can't wait to re-read Ember in preparation for this book!!!


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



9 comments:

  1. I've read mixed review for An Ember in the Ashes so became hesitant to pick this up. I'll most likely wait for Torch Against Night reviews first before I pick this series up. I hope you enjoy this!! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first book, but I read an ARC before I heard much of the hype. Sometimes that can ruin a book for me before I've even started. So, I can see why you'd choose to wait. I hope that if you do give this series a try, you end up enjoying it as much as I have!

      Delete
  2. This book is new to me! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a wonderful week! Dani @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a tough time with Ember. But I hope you'll enjoy this instalment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...I keep hearing that and I always wonder if it has to do with the hype?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean for book 3 because this is book 2 that I'm featuring? And I don't think there's going to be a book 3...

      Delete
  5. I'm betting the title will be from a line in first book, where Elias refers to himself as "a leaf in the wind." Really hoping "A Leaf in the wind" is the title for book #2!

    Jasmine
    Worthington Carpet Patching

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...