Tuesday, July 21, 2015




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Ten Books That Celebrate Diversity/Diverse Characters (example: features minority/religious minority, socioeconomic diversity, disabled MC, neurotypical character, LGBTQ etc etc.):


Jen's Picks:



My picks for today's Top Ten feature gay characters struggling to find their place in the world, minorities (whether in our world or theirs), interracial couples facing racial prejudice, those with class differences, characters with disabilities and those with mental challenges. But of all of my picks, I'll Meet You There is probably my favorite. It features a series of characters who either struggle with socioeconomic issues, mental issues, disabilities, or a combination of all of those. It is raw and earnest and just so, so beautiful.

Honorable mentions:

Will Grayson, Will Grayson
The Immortal Rules
Black Iris
Love in the Time of Global Warming
Proxy
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Clockwork Angel
The Wrath and the Dawn


Which novels made your list? Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



9 comments:

  1. Of Metal and Wishes was amazing! It definitely fits with the diversity theme. I loved Eon, too. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I haven't yet read any of these, but will do so soon.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of Metal and Wishes was amazing! Love how it combined steam punk with Asian Culture - great pick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll Meet You There sounds amazing! Really need to read that one. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is on my list too. Great list! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh so many amazing books! I CANNOT EVEN PICK MY FAVOURITE HERE. I love I'll Give You the Sun and Stormdancer and Eon were unique and amazing. And The Girl of Fire and Thorns is like one of my new favourite books. XD
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll Meet You There is a great book, I also added it to my list. you have put together a good list! Please fell free to read mine here http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/07/july-21-ten-books-that-celebrate.html Happy Summer Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing I'll Meet You There on everyone's lists - I really need to read that book!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I haven't read any of these.... Better change that.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-books-that-celebrate.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES TO SIMON VS!!! I cannot love this book more! And Proxy too. (Have you read its sequel?) And I'm crazy excited to read I'll Give You the Sun! Glad to have seen it here. Also, I'll Meet You There.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...