Wednesday, August 27, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:



Title: Princess of Thorns
Author: Stacey Jay
Series: n/a
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: December 9th, 2014

Add to Goodreads
Game of Thrones meets the Grimm's fairy tales in this twisted, fast-paced romantic fantasy-adventure about Sleeping Beauty's daughter, a warrior princess who must fight to reclaim her throne.

Though she looks like a mere mortal, Princess Aurora is a fairy blessed with enhanced strength, bravery, and mercy yet cursed to destroy the free will of any male who kisses her. Disguised as a boy, she enlists the help of the handsome but also cursed Prince Niklaas to fight legions of evil and free her brother from the ogre queen who stole Aurora's throne ten years ago.

Will Aurora triumph over evil and reach her brother before it's too late? Can Aurora and Niklaas break the curses that will otherwise forever keep them from finding their one true love?

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess, so I'm super intrigued to read this one. Plus I've been digging the fantasy's lately.

I must note that I'm super excited for Jen's pic as well. I cannot freaking wait to get my hands on both of these titles. :)






's Pick:



Title: Suspicion
Author: Alexandra Monir
Series: n/a
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: December 9, 2014

Add to Goodreads
Mysterious. Magnificent. Creepy. Welcome to Rockford Manor.

"There's something hidden in the Maze." Seventeen-year-old Imogen has never forgotten the last words her father said to her seven years ago, before the blazing fire that consumed him, her mother, and the gardens of her family's English country manor.

Haunted by her parents' deaths, Imogen moves to New York City with her new guardians. But when a letter arrives with the news of her cousin's untimely death, revealing that Imogen is now the only heir left to run the estate, she returns to England and warily accepts her role as duchess.

All is not as it seems at Rockford, and Imogen quickly learns that dark secrets lurk behind the mansion's aristocratic exterior, hinting that the spate of deaths in her family were no accident. And at the center of the mystery is Imogen herself--and Sebastian, the childhood friend she has secretly loved for years. Just what has Imogen walked into?

Combining a fresh twist on the classic REBECCA with a spine-tingling mystery and powerful romance, SUSPICION is an action-packed thrill ride.

I can't help envisioning Labyrinth whenever I see the word maze. That movie was my childhood. And this book sounds just as stunning and dark and mysterious as that movie was to me as a kid. (Now, I'm doing good if I can focus on something other than that bulge while watching, lol.) Anyway, I've never actually read Rebecca. I bought a copy in high school for some paper or other and then changed my mind and picked an Austen book instead, and now I don't know where my copy of Rebecca is. So, I won't really have anything to compare this "twist" to, but all the same, I'm excited for it. Like Jarreth, I'll be not-so-patiently waiting for December so I can get to the creepy mystery of Rockford Manor.



What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



10 comments:

  1. I want to read BOTH these titles. I love re-tellings. Also, the girl disguised as a boy plot line is always fun.

    I'd read Suspicion just based on the cover. I haven't read Rebecca either, but I know the gist of it. Aka I know to expect a gothic setting and murder/mystery. Why must these books come out in December? That's so far away!!!

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, I want Princess of Thorns!!! Igot Suspicion from ALA but I'm so excited for both of these. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great picks. I am so excited for both. I have Suspicion this week too. Sounds so good can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks, girls. I already have both on my radar, and I'm curious to dive into the stories.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for both, and since I've read at least one book by the authors. Read Juliet Immortal and Timeless, which I did enjoy. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited for both of those as well. Lovely picks :) Suspicion looks really creepy and great. Princess of Thorns sounds like a fantasy novel I'd love!

    Here's my WoW

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Princess of Thrones! I cannot wait for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic choices, girls, I am soooooooooooo looking forward to both of these! Have you all read Of Beast and Beauty? It's one of my favorites of last year, so I have high hopes for Princess of Thorns (plus that synopsis - yes please). I haven't read the classic Suspicion is based on, but I love the Alfred Hitchcock movie. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read both! I love retellings and Princess of Thorns sound so amazing. I haven't read Rebecca (I want to!), so I feel the same about Suspicious. I love the sound of it, and it should be such a good read :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Random House novels for the win! I really excited about these two - both were WoW choices a few months ago. I hope you two enjoy them when you read them!!

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...